Location: Newton, KS
Employment Status: Full Time, Salary
Responsible for performing tests that would include: cutting and preparing prepreg material for lay-up and curing, machines and tests coupon specimens. Customer specification review, data analysis, pass/fail criteria, modulus calculations, test set-up and configuration.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs laboratory experiments in the area of resin mixing, resin characterization, impregnation and process variations.
- Keeps accurate records of all laboratory testing.
- Maintains laboratory chemicals to adequate levels.
- Keeps work area in a safe and good working order by adhering to laboratory housekeeping, safety and maintenance procedures.
- Transports hazardous waste from safety cans to drum hazardous waste storage.
- Review customer specifications.
- Data analysis
Other Job Duties
- Other job duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two year Associate Degree in materials science or related science is preferred.
- Minimum one to three years experience in manufacturing lab environment is preferred.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English well.
- Accurate computer entry skills.
- Experience working in a chemical environment preferred.
- Other duties as required.
- Individual required to be sighted (can be medically corrected).
- Job requires lifting of product/supplies ranging from minimal to 50 pounds on occasional basis, and may periodically require it throughout a production shift.
- Individual will be required to be mobile, with bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping and crouching.
- Must be able to wear a respirator and other safety equipment as required.
- Training to applicable procedures that relate to area of responsibility.
Park Aerospace Technologies Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law Poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf